I'm curious about each of your reading experiences and your opinions about books. In my quest to learn more about my readers, to encourage reluctant commenters to finally chime in (it's painless, really), and to keep my local Barnes and Noble in business, I offer the following short quiz.
You'll be glad to know there are no right or wrong answers, and you won't be evaluated on being creative or witty. (Although wit and creativity aren't discouraged either.) Simply answer the following questions, and you may win a gift certificate for B&N in a random drawing.
- What's the best book you've read in the past couple years?
- What book didn't live up to its hype?
- What book kept you awake at night (for any reason)?
- What book have you read over the years again and again?
- What writer (dead or alive) would you most like to have dinner and drinks with?
- If you were a character in a novel, what would the genre be (romance, mystery, etc.)?
- What's the next book on your reading list?
I will assign each comment a number and choose two winners in a random drawing, one for a $25 gift certificate and the second for a $10 certificate.
Note: If you post your comment as anonymous, you may have to click "Post Comment" a couple of times for it to publish (according to some commenters). BE SURE TO WRITE YOUR NAME (at least first name and last initial) at the bottom of your comment. If you continue to have difficulty posting, email me your answers at sherry @ sherrystanfa-stanley.com (no spaces) and I will post them for you.
The deadline is midnight, Wednesday, Sept. 28. I will post the winners here on Sept. 29.
Ready? Set? Go.