Saturday, October 7, 2017

Badasslands: You Have to Live It Every Day


Public speaking is among those life experiences that still remains outside my comfort zone.

As an author with a new book, I have to do it anyway. A lot.

Speaking at book events has proven simultaneously exciting and intimidating. Like any challenges in life, I find it becomes easier and more successful the more times I put myself out there. As I mention in my book, the anticipation of what we fear is generally far worse than the reality. So far, speaking at book events has definitely proven that to be true.

And book events are less painful and weigh FAR more on the amazingly fun side when a reader in the audience holds up a sign like this.

Speaking in front of a crowd? A yay or a nay for you?



No comments:

Post a Comment