Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Now You See It, Now You Don't

Is the text on this blog blinking and switching fonts and disappearing altogether?

You say the comment section has totally disappeared, and you can no longer post a comment or even read what others had to say? 

No, it wasn't an intentional statement to protest the Stop Online Piracy Act in the House and the Protect Intellectual Property Act under consideration in the Senate. It's just my Blogger program. Or me. Or a combination of both.

I made some recent layout changes--ironically during National Delurking Week--that wreaked havoc on the blog's appearance for some readers. Apparently, these are issues only with certain versions of Internet Explorer. Therefore, the simple remedy is to open the blog in a different browser. (I understand Firefox and Chrome both work well. Don't have Firefox? You can download it free here.)

Thank you!

Back soon with a real post. And hopefully one that won't blink and change before your very eyes...


6 comments:

  1. Use the IE if you can't afford hallucenagens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Opera, and for a brief while your blog was showing up in some funky table filling only half the browser. That settled down a couple of days ago and it all looks fine for me now. :)

    ~Ashlee
    http://ashleesch.com
    http://theDragonsHoard.bigcartel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashlee: I'm not even familiar with Opera! And what's frustrating is that I only know about the problems from the few people who have emailed me. I have no idea how many others have had issues and just gave up. (Glad you didn't!)

      Delete
  3. That explains it. Tried to comment last time and the screen went blank. Using Google Chrome on your site now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LM: Oh, good! I was hoping some folks would see this post and be willing to make the change! Thank you!

      Delete