Thursday, April 17, 2014

My Big Fat Greek Party

Apparently I have disappointed several Sigma Chi guys and all their fabulous female friends by not posting a story about my frat party experience. I do not want to let down my new BFFs, so I will say this much:

These guys know how to host a party! Want to throw a beach party in chilly Milwaukee in early April? Fill the basement with sand! (They make the freshmen shovel it out the basement windows later.)

Want to make the strange old lady feel at home? Play "Shout!" And dance with her without even questioning her attendance. (Although one girl did come up to me and ask, "Who are you and why are you here?" I said I was pledging the fraternity. She seemed oddly OK with that.)

But do warn the grandmotherly aged woman about that far back room, the dark one with strobe lights and couples in the corners. Even the moonshine I swigged from a communal bottle didn't prepare me for THAT.

An Animal House it may have been, but Dean Wormer's wife I am not. I figured it was a good time to take my talents to a local bar, with Son #2, and managed to close the place up.

A win-win night, all around.

I'm thinking my fraternity pledge is pretty much guaranteed.


Impossible to pick me out in the crowd, yes? What would you have brought along as a hostess gift? How are your partying skills? 

No comments:

Post a Comment