Thursday, March 8, 2018

Stay Tuned--While I Attempt to Stay in Tune

So, those of you who have followed this blog for a while or who have read my book, "Finding My Badass Self," may recall my singing lesson fiasco. My singing career didn't end on the fabulous note I always dreamed about. My instructor's evaluation: "Well, you're very LOUD."

I've often regretted not giving singing another shot. So--why wait any longer?

I just had a conversation with the music director from my high school. I never took a single music class or participated in choir, but she remembered me mostly because I dated her stepson--and she just finished reading my book.

Mrs. Mackey has offered to give me singing lessons. Against her better judgment--and surely against mine--I agreed.* We start next week.

Dear Lord. What have I gotten myself into?

No comments:

Post a Comment